What are we looking for?
As M&A advisor you are responsible to set up a market intelligence framework. You conduct financial analyses on companies active in our industry and set up a dashboard visualizing all market players. You build up and maintain an internal and external network of company owners and M&A advisors in order to keep track of market dynamics and potential opportunities. You will develop strong relationships with the Reynaers core leadership team to assess potential acquisition targets and you’ll codify the potential investment case into a well-structured and standardized Acquisition Recommendation form for validation by the Group CEO and CFO, and eventually the board of the company.
You are responsible for all relevant work streams in eventual transaction cycles. You will contact certain prioritized M&A target, and/or respond to the M&A information memoranda that are presented to Reynaers. You’ll keep track of the M&A targets into a well structured and organized M&A tracking file to maintain a good history of the interactions with the M&A cases.
Once an M&A target has qualified for further interest, you’ll sign proper NDA’s, collect the information from the confidential information memorandum, cross-check facts and figures from publically available sources and market intelligence sources, compose the deal team in coordination with CFO and CEO and drive the acquisition process. You’ll cover all possible deal making topics and you will be able to appoint internal or external advisory services subject ot budget approval.
When a transaction can be completed successfully, you’ll ensure that the proper house keeping, legal documents and ownership transition is well organized together with the responsible member of the Group Team in charge of the acquisition.
- Perform in-depth industry, market and competitor research;
- Set up datasets and visualize them into informative and attractive dashboards;
- Conduct the valuation of companies using different financial valuation methodologies as well as the performance of general financial analysis;
- Contribute directly to the development of proposals and exploration of new business opportunities;
- Set up of network with investment bankers and advisory firms with industry knowledge;
- Lead and support key work streams including project and process management, financial modelling, valuation, due diligence and negotiation of transaction documentation, demonstrating a high level of expertise across the entire transaction cycle.
- Assess the case with it’s strengths and weaknesses by leveraging internal and external sources
- Codify the M&A case into a well structured document that will be discussed with CEO and CFO, and eventually with the Board of the company for approval
- Maintaining a tracking files for all the M&A targets and regularly assess the priorities with the Group Team, CFO and CEO.
- Master degree in Business Administration, Finance or Law
- Minimum of 4 - 6 years of transaction experience at Big 4, investment bank, M&A boutique or accounting firm
- Strong technical knowledge with proven competencies in investigative analysis of the business and industry, mastering valuation principles and techniques
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and generate insights
- Strong excel modelling skills
- Strong presentation skills and good business acumen
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and able to perform consistently at a high level and from to time under high pressure while adhering to strict deadlines
- Detail orientated and well organized with a strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, German and Dutch
- Willing to travel
Who are we?
Together for Better is the corporate motto of Reynaers Group and reflects the identity of this Belgian family company. Driven by innovation and entrepreneurship, the international group Reynaers is always focusing on partners to realize sustainable growth together.
Reynaers Group, active in more than 70 countries worldwide, is a leading specialist in the development, distribution and commercialization of innovative and sustainable architectural applications in aluminum and steel. All activities of the companies of Reynaers Group are aimed at increasing the value of buildings and improving the living and working environment of people, with specific focus on sustainability and design. Technological innovation, automation and digital transformation are the cornerstones for the development of state-of-the-art products and services.
The Reynaers Campus is the corporate headquarters of Reynaers Group, located in Duffel (Belgium). The Campus is the inspiring and dynamic work environment of the Reynaers employees and a place for partners to experience the latest products and innovations in full interactivity.